Tin Pan Alley CatsTin Pan Alley Cats (1943) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 204 times this month, and 4581 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Fats Waller Cat, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Japanese Enemies, Uncle Tom Mission Singers.
- Voice Actors: Zoot Watson, Mel Blanc, The Four Dreamers, Four Spirits of Rhythm.
- Directed By Robert Clampett.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Rod Scribner, Art Babbitt.
- Written By Warren Foster.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on July 17, 1943.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:25 minutes.
- Production Number: 975.
A "Fats Waller" cat visits the Kit Kat Club to be tempted by wine, women and song, rather than listen to the pious sermons and hymns of the Uncle Tomcat Mission. A jazz version of "Nagasaki" gets so hot and makes him sing so high that it sends him "out of this... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Contains the song 'The Schlesinger Swing.' Cab Calloway is caricatured. Contains newly recolored animation from "Porky in Wackyland" (1938). The last of Warner Brothers' all-black classics (except for the Inki cartoons). In 1968, United Artists... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Tin Pan Alley Cats" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Tin Pan Alley Cats? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!