Busy BakersBusy Bakers (1940) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 62 times this month, and 2976 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Swenson the Town Baker, Blind Beggar, Little Baker Men.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc, Pinto Colvig, The Sportsmen.
- Directed By Ben Hardaway, Cal Dalton.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Richard Bickenbach.
- Written By Jack Miller.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on February 10, 1940. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Production Number: 9153.
Swenson, the town baker, is on the verge of going out of business. He has no customers or ingredients, but he is kind to a mysterious blind beggar who asks for a few crumbs of bread. The baker offers him his last doughnut. The beggar says that the baker will be... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Jerry Colonna and the Marx Brothers are caricatured. Songs include: "The Jolly Bakers" (Pinto Colvig), Performed by Chorus. This cartoon is included as an extra on the DVD of "Brother Orchid" (1940). In September of 1943, beginning with... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Busy Bakers" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Busy Bakers? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!