A Wild Hare
Alternate Title: The Wild HareA Wild Hare (The Wild Hare) (1940) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 1322 times this month, and 11330 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Skunk.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc, Arthur Q. Bryan.
- Directed By Tex Avery.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Virgil Ross, Charles McKimson, Robert McKimson, Rod Scribner.
- Written By Rich Hogan.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1941.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on July 27, 1940. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8:16 minutes.
- Production Number: 9617.
Be vewy, vewy qwiet, as Elmer's hunting rabbits. This short establishes many standards we expect in a Bugs Bunny cartoon, right from the start. Examples: pushing a gun down a rabbit hole, Bugs inquiring, "What's... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
"The Wild Hare (Blue Ribbon Reissue)."
This is the first official Bugs Bunny cartoon, although there are some very Bugs-like characters that precede this cartoon. In September of 1943, beginning with A Feud There Was, Warner Bros. began... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "A Wild Hare" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about A Wild Hare? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!