Hiawatha's Rabbit HuntHiawatha's Rabbit Hunt (1941) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 191 times this month, and 5362 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Bugs Bunny, Hiawatha.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Isadore Freleng.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Gil Turner, Richard Bickenbach, Gerry Chiniquy, Cal Dalton, Manuel Perez, Herman Cohen.
- Written By Michael Maltese, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1942.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on June 07, 1941. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:45 minutes.
- Production Number: 9953.
Bugs is reciting passages from "Hiawatha," and he realizes that the famous Longfellow poem is about him. A goofy little Hiawatha goes rabbit hunting. As he puts it, "I'm gonna catch me a rabbit and I'm gonna put 'em right in this pot!" Hiawatha catches Bugs, but,... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
A parody of Disney's "Little Hiawatha;" in fact, the character design is a parody of Disney animator Ward Kimball. Portion reused in 1944's "What's Cookin' Doc?." The first Bugs Bunny cartoon directed by Isadore "Friz" Freleng. Due to pressure... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!