Horton Hatches The EggHorton Hatches The Egg (1942) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 1448 times this month, and 10731 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Horton, Maysie, African Hunters, Peter Lorre Fish.
- Voice Actors: Kent Rogers, Sara Berner, Frank Graham, Mel Blanc, The Sportsmen.
- Directed By Robert Clampett.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Robert McKimson, I. Ellis, Thomas McKimson, Phil Monroe, Virgil Ross, Rod Scribner, Cornett Wood, Warren Batchelder, Lou Lilly, J.C. Melendez, Bob Noth, A.C. Gamer.
- Written By Michael Maltese, Theodor Seuss Geisel.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on April 11, 1942. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 10:00 minutes.
- Production Number: 441.
Horton, a faithful elephant, promises to sit on an egg for Maisie, a lazy, irresponsible bird, while she vacations: "I meant what I said, and I said what I meant- an elephant is faithful, 100 percent." Much later, after standing (and sitting) guard 100 percent... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The only classic Warner Bros. cartoon adapted from a book. The set of Dr. Seuss characters shown here were one of only two outside properties licensed for animated cartoons by Warner Brothers; the collection of Canyon Kiddies in "Mighty Hunters"... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Horton Hatches The Egg" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Horton Hatches The Egg? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!