Popeye Meets William Tell
Alternate Title: Wee Willie TellPopeye Meets William Tell (Wee Willie Tell) (1940) - Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 626 times this month, and 2253 times total.
- Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, William Tell, Gessler, The Royal Executioner.
- Voice Actors: Jack Mercer.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer, Shamus Culhane.
- Produced By Max Fleischer, Adolph Zukor.
- Animated By Al Eugster.
- Originally Released on September 20, 1940.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:18 minutes.
- Black & White
When William Tell can't bring forth his son for a display of his archery talents, the evil dictator Gessler orders the archer to be killed. Popeye takes the place Tell's son, and has the archer shoot an apple off of his head. When Gessler discovers the deception,... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
"Wee Willie Tell (Working Title)."
This cartoon resumes the use of a redesigned "shipboard" series title card. This special title card was used through "Popeye Presents Eugene, the Jeep." A picture of Groucho Marx is seen in... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Popeye Meets William Tell? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!