Canary RowCanary Row (1950) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 97 times this month, and 3731 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Warner Bros. Cartoons, Inc.
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Sylvester, Tweety, Granny, Desk Clerk, Monkey.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc, Bea Benaderet.
- Directed By Isadore Freleng.
- Produced By Edward Selzer.
- Animated By Virgil Ross, Art Davis, Emery Hawkins, Gerry Chiniquy, Ken Champin.
- Written By Tedd Pierce.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1950 (Nomination withdrawn by Producer).
- Music: Carl Stalling.
- Originally Released on October 07, 1950. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:00 minutes.
- Production Number: MPAA: 13884
Sylvester, looking through his binoculars from the headquarters of the Bird Watcher's Society in San Francisco, tries a variety of schemes to snag Tweety from Granny's high-rise apartment, the Broken Arms Hotel, which clearly states, "No Cats and Dogs." Trying to... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This is the first time that Granny is depicted as Tweety's owner. Near the end, there is a "Drink Friz!" sign in the background. Closing line (by Granny, as a trolley engineer): "You did see a puddy tat!" The Blue Ribbon release featured blue rings.... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Canary Row" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Canary Row? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!