Pigs In A PolkaPigs In A Polka (1943) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 307 times this month, and 5286 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Three Little Pigs, Big Bad Wolf.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc, Sara Berner, Bea Benedaret.
- Directed By Isadore Freleng.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Ken Champin, Richard Bickenbach, Jack Bradbury, Gerry Chiniquy, Manuel Perez, Gil Turner.
- Written By Warren Foster.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1943.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on February 02, 1943. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8:08 minutes.
- Production Number: MPAA: 8565
A spoof of the Three Little Pigs set to Brahms' "Hungarian Dances." The Big Bad Wolf is able to fool only two out of the three pigs.
Cartoon Production Information:
The actual release date of this cartoon is in question. Some sources (Leonard Maltin, Of Mice And Magic; Graham Webb, The Animated Film Encyclopedia [Second Edition, 2011]) report the release date as being January 9th, 1943. Other sources (Jerry Beck... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Pigs In A Polka" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Pigs In A Polka? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!