Mimi O Sumaseba
English Title: Whisper of the HeartMimi O Sumaseba (Whisper of the Heart, Prick Up Your Ears) (1995) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
This page has been viewed 520 times this month, and 3589 times total.
- Feature Length Animated FilmFeature
- Studio Ghibli, Hakuhodo Inc., NTV, Studio Ghibli, Tokuma Shoten
- Animation Studio: Anime Torotoro, Group Donguri, Oh production, Studio Cockpit, Studio Takuranke
- Cartoon Characters: Shizuku Tsukishima, Seiji Amasawa, Shizuku's Mother, Shizuku's Father, The Baron, Seiji's Grandfather.
- Voice Actors: Youko Honna, Kazuo Takahashi, Shigeru Muroi.
- Directed By Yoshifumi Kondo, Hayao Miyazaki, Hiroyuki Ito, Masahiko Otsuka.
- Produced By Hayao Miyazaki, Toshio Suzuki, Seiichiro Ujiie, Takashi Shouji, Tatsumi Yamashita, Tsutomu Otsuka, Mika Watanabe.
- Animated By Kitaro Kosaka.
- Written By Hayao Miyazaki, Aoi HÓragi.
- Music: Yuji Nomi.
- Editor: Takeshi Seyama, Keiko Mizuta, Megumi Uchida.
- Originally Released on June 03, 1995.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 111 minutes.
Aspiring writer Shizuku is spending her last summer vacation before high school reading as many books as she can and translating foreign music into Japanese. Perusing the eclectic choices she has checked out from the library, her curiosity is piqued when she... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
"Mimi Wo Sumaseba" and "耳をすませば."
"Whisper of the Heart," "Prick Up Your Ears," "If You Listen Closely/Carefully."
Based on Aoi Hiraga's manga. This film was released in Japan on DVD with English subtitles. The first Studio Ghibli feature directed by someone other than Hayao Miyazaki or Isao Takahata. The first and only full-length feature by Miyazaki's... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of Mimi O Sumaseba. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Mimi O Sumaseba? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!