Tweetie PieTweetie Pie (1947) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 64 times this month, and 9774 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Warner Bros. Cartoons, Inc.
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Thomas (Sylvester), Tweety, Woman.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Isadore Freleng.
- Produced By Edward Selzer.
- Animated By Virgil Ross, Gerry Chiniquy, Ken Champin, Manuel Perez.
- Written By Tedd Pierce, Michael Maltese.
- Awards: Academy Award Winner, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1948.
- Music: Carl Stalling.
- Originally Released on May 03, 1947. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:12 minutes.
- Production Number: 1026.
Blue Ribbon: 1374.
Thomas the cat (to be known in later cartoons as Sylvester) finds Tweety in the snow warming himself by a cigar butt. Thomas's mistress rescues the little yellow bird before her cat can devour him, but Thomas doesn't give up. He uses stacks of chairs and a Rube... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The first Warner Bros. short to win an Academy Award. This is also the first Sylvester and Tweety cartoon, although Sylvester is referred to as Thomas in the short. The first cartoon in which Tweety is canary yellow. Earlier, Tweety's color was... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Tweetie Pie" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Tweetie Pie? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!