Swooner CroonerSwooner Crooner (1944) - Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 892 times this month, and 9589 times total.
- Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Porky Pig, Frankie Rooster, Bing Crosby Rooster, Rudy, Al, Jimmy, Cab, Hens.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc, Voice Actors, uncredited: Bea Benaderet, Sara Berner, Richard Bickenbach, Stan Freberg.
- Directed By Frank Tashlin.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By I. Ellis, George Cannata, Art Davis.
- Written By Warren Foster.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1945.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on May 06, 1944. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:34 minutes.
- Production Number: MPAA: 9707
Production drops at Porky's wartime Flockheed Eggcraft Factory when the hens leave their posts to hear Frankie, a crooning rooster, sing. Porky stages a contest to find a singer to encourage production. This ends with a singing duel between a Bing Crosby-styled... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Other poultry caricatures include Nelson Eddy, Al Jolson, Cab Calloway, Rudy Vallee and Jimmy Durante. Frank Tashlin did not receive screen credit as the supervisor of this cartoon. While directing the movie "Say One for Me," starring Bing Crosby,... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Swooner Crooner" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Swooner Crooner? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!