The Organ GrinderThe Organ Grinder (1933) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 1069 times this month, and 4838 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- A Hugh Harman-Rudolf Ising Production, Vitaphone Pictures
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Organ Grinder, Monkey.
- Directed By Rudolf Ising.
- Produced By Hugh Harman, Rudolf Ising.
- Animated By Rollin Hamilton, Thomas McKimson.
- Music: Frank Marsales.
- Originally Released on April 08, 1933.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:23 minutes.
- Production Number: 5733
- Black & White
The lost art of the organ grinder and his monkey is celebrated in this grand Depression-era cartoon! A beloved Italian organ grinder plays his music and sings his song through a immigrant- filled ghetto neighborhood, where hard-scrabble kids and well-proportioned... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The monkey does impressions of Laurel & Hardy as well as Harpo Marx in this cartoon.
This cartoon is included as an extra on the home DVD release of "The Mayor of Hell" (1933).
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Organ Grinder" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Organ Grinder? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!