Azur et AsmarAzur et Asmar (2006) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
This page has been viewed 18 times this month, and 1259 times total.
- Feature Length Animated FilmFeature
- Nord-Ouest Productions, Eurimages, Intuition Films, Lucky Red, Studio O
- Distributed by: Diaphana Films
- Cartoon Characters: Azur, Asmar, Jenane, Crapoux.
- Voice Actors: Cyril Mourali, Karim M'Riba, Hiam Abbass, Patrick Timsit.
- Directed By Michel Ocelot, Eric Serre.
- Produced By Christophe Rossignon, Patrick Juarez, Stéphane Sorlat, Viviana Turchi.
- Animated By Kyle Badla.
- Awards: Best Animated Feature Film, Stuttgart Festival of Animated Film, 2007, Nominee, Goya, Best Animated Feature Film, Michel Ocelot, 2008.
- Music: Gabriel Yared.
- Originally Released on May 21, 2006.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 99 minutes.
- France / Belgium / Italy / Spain
Set in the Middle Ages, the film is the story of two boys raised as brothers. Blonde, blue-eyed, white-skinned Azur and black-haired, brown-eyed, dark-skinned Asmar are lovingly cared for by Asmar's gentle mother- Azur's Arab nanny- who tells them magical tales... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Release date is that of world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival, where it received a standing ovation; general French and Belgian release took place October 25, 2006. Budgeted at an estimated 9 million euros ($11.37 million U.S.). The film grossed... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of Azur et Asmar. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Azur et Asmar? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!