The Sheepish WolfThe Sheepish Wolf (1942) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 147 times this month, and 5595 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Sheepdog, Wolf, Black Sheep, Sheep Herd, Wolves.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Isadore Freleng.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Ken Champin, Richard Bickenbach, Gerry Chiniquy, Manuel Perez.
- Written By Melvin Millar.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on October 17, 1942. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:06 minutes.
- Production Number: (Blue Ribbon): 1180.
A classy (and hungry) "Shakespearian" wolf, watching a flock of sheep, imagines them as lamb chops, steaks and other delicacies: "To eat or not to eat? Baa, what a question!" But a watchful sheepdog humorously chatters on and on about his responsibilities to... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
A predecessor to the Sam and Ralph series. The current version has been edited to remove a scene where the black sheep does a Rochester impersonation, alerting the sheepdog to the wolf's presence. In September of 1943, beginning with... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Sheepish Wolf" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Sheepish Wolf? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!