The Shanty Where Santy Claus LivesThe Shanty Where Santy Claus Lives (1933) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 277 times this month, and 5143 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- A Hugh Harman-Rudolf Ising Production, Vitaphone Pictures
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Boy, Santa Claus.
- Directed By Rudolf Ising.
- Produced By Hugh Harman, Rudolf Ising.
- Animated By Rollin Hamilton, Norm Blackburn.
- Music: Frank Marsales.
- Originally Released on January 07, 1933.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:10 minutes.
- Production Number: 5583
- Black & White
A Christmas fable with a twist: on a cold Christmas Eve, a poor little boy wanders through a snowy village to his "shanty" on the other side of the tracks knowing that Santa Claus will never come to his house. Then in the distance, the sounds of hooves are heard,... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Good example of Depression-era wealth fantasies. This cartoon would later be reworked as "Toyland Broadcast" by Rudolf Ising in 1934, following his move to MGM. Kate Smith is caricatured, and a brief animation clip... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Shanty Where Santy Claus Lives" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Shanty Where Santy Claus Lives? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!