Guard DogGuard Dog (2004) Theatrical Cartoon by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 79 times this month, and 1535 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Acme Filmworks, Plymptoons
- Cartoon Characters: Dog, Wildflowers, Squirrels.
- Directed By Bill Plympton.
- Produced By Bill Plympton.
- Written By Bill Plympton.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Film (Animated), 2005, Special Prize, Hiroshima International Film Festival, 2004; more Awards ...
- Music: Maureen McElheron, Hank Bones.
- Editor: Biljana Labovic.
- Originally Released in May, 2004 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 5:35 minutes.
Why do dogs bark at such innocent creatures as pigeons and squirrels... what are they afraid of? This film answers that eternal question. Maniacal wildflowers and homicidal squirrels lurk menacingly in this dog's-eye view of a walk in the park. The crazed dog... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Bill Plympton's first computer-animated film. This film was inspired by a dog that Plympton saw in the park who was barking incessantly at innocent objects. Premiered at the Boston Underground Film Festival. (An unpolished version was shown at ASIFA... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Guard Dog" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Guard Dog? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!