Gerald McBoing BoingGerald McBoing Boing (1951) - Jolly Frolics Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 296 times this month, and 5260 times total.
- Jolly Frolics Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- UPA Productions
- Distributed by: Columbia Pictures
- Cartoon Characters: Gerald McBoing Boing, Gerald's Parents, Radio Station Manager, Dr. Malone, Boys, Girls.
- Voice Actors: Marvin Miller.
- Directed By Robert Cannon, John Hubley.
- Produced By John Hubley, Stephen Bosustow.
- Animated By J. C. Melendez, Rudy Larriva, Pat Mathews, Willis Pyle, Frank Smith.
- Written By Phil Eastman, Bill Scott, Dr. Seuss.
- Awards: Academy Award Winner, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1951, Nominee, BAFTA Film Award, Special Award, 1952.
- Music: Gail Kubik.
- Originally Released on January 25, 1951.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:15 minutes.
- Production Number: 5101
Gerald, who doesn't speak words but goes "boing boing" instead, finds his talents unappreciated by family and friends, and so he runs away from home. However, a kindly radio station boss is quick to spot his potential... At age 2, the little boy, instead of... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Marvin Miller is best known as the actor on "The Millionaire," as Michael Anthony. In 1995, Gerald McBoing Boing was one of 25 films added by the Library of Congress' National Film Preservation Board to the National Film Registry. European title:... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Gerald McBoing Boing" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Gerald McBoing Boing? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!