Spook SportSpook Sport (1940) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 34 times this month, and 1496 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- National Film Board of Canada, Creative Film Society, Ted Nemeth Studios
- Distributed by: National Film Board of Canada
- Cartoon Characters: Spooks, Ghosts, Bat, Bell, The Sun.
- Directed By Norman McLaren.
- Produced By Mary Ellen Bute, Norman McLaren, Ted Nemeth.
- Originally Released in 1940 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:52 minutes.
- Canada / U.S.A.
An expressionistic interpretation of "Danse Macabre" by Camille Saint-SaŽns in a deserted graveyard at midnight.
Cartoon Production Information:
Conventional cel animation and pen drawings were done by Norman McLaren directly on 35mm film stock.
Mary Ellen Bute's most successful animation, this film was screened at Radio City Music Hall for months.
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Spook Sport" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Spook Sport? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!