The Big Broadcast Of 1938The Big Broadcast Of 1938 (1938) Feature Length Theatrical FilmFeature Length Theatrical Animated Film
This page has been viewed 69 times this month, and 2092 times total.
- Feature Film with Animated SegmentsFeatureLive-Action
- Traditional Animation
- Paramount Pictures
- Cartoon Characters: (Live-Action) T. Frothingill Bellows/S.B. Bellows, Martha Bellows, Dorothy Wyndham, Cleo Fielding, Scoop McPhail, Buzz Fielding, Mike, Bob Hayes, Honey Chile, Grace Fielding, Turnkey, Lord Harry Droopy, Joan Fielding, Captain Stafford, Kirsten Flagstad, Wilfred Pelletier (Conductor), Tito Guizar, Shep Fields, Haughty Girl, Rippling Rhythm Orchestra, Dancer, Prisoner with Harmonica, Showgirl, Bit Part, Radio Operator, Waltz Costume Extra, First Mate (S.S. Gigantic), Officer (S.S. Gigantic), Dress Extra, Helmsman, Sailor, Divorcee, Pilot, Bar Patron, Chauffeur, Ivan, Seaman, Court Clerk, Man Wearing Turban, Robert Mitchell, Steward, Officers, Hesperus' Sailors, Gas Station Men, Caddies, Reporters, Women, Girls.
- Voice Actors: (Live-Action) W.C. Fields, Martha Raye, Dorothy Lamour, Shirley Ross, Lynne Overman, Bob Hope, Ben Blue, Leif Erickson.
- Directed By Mitchell Leisen.
- Produced By Harlan Thompson.
- Animated By Leon Schlesinger.
- Written By Walter DeLeon, Ken Englund, Francis Martin, Frederick Hazlitt Brennan, Russel Crouse, Howard Lindsay.
- Awards: Academy Award Winner, Best Music, Song, Ralph Rainger (Music), Leo Robin (Lyrics), For the Song "Thanks for the Memory," 1940, ASCAP Film and Television Award, Most Performed Feature Film Standards, Ralph Rainger and Leo Robin, For the Song "Thanks for the Memory," 1989.
- Music: Ralph Rainger, Leo Robin.
John Leipold, George Parrish.
Tito Guizr; more Musicians ...
- Editor: Chandler House, Eda Warren.
- Originally Released on February 11, 1938.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 94 minutes.
- Black & White
The final installment of the hit "Big Broadcast" series stars W.C. Fields as an ocean liner owner who pits his ship against another vessel in a high-speed race. While on the journey, a host of musical and comedy stars... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Live action with animated "Rippling Rhythm" sequence produced by Leon Schlesinger. In the animated sequence, a cartoon drop of water refuses to go back into the ocean. Instead, it breaks free and dances around the band members of Shep Fields and... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of The Big Broadcast Of 1938. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Big Broadcast Of 1938? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!