The Fifth-Column Mouse
Alternate Title: Fifth Column MouseThe Fifth-Column Mouse (Fifth Column Mouse) (1943) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 1064 times this month, and 4465 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Fifth-Column Mouse, Three Mice, Cat.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc, The Sportsmen.
- Directed By Isadore Freleng.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Ken Champin, Gerry Chiniquy, Manuel Perez.
- Written By Michael Maltese.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on March 06, 1943. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:42 minutes.
- Production Number: 913.
Blue Ribbon: 1182.
In the kitchen, a trio of mice are singing "Ain't We Got Fun" and floating on a bar of soap in the sink. A "friendly" cat bursts in and starts attacking the mice. He corners one of them and offers him a bribe of cheese to let him join the mouse pack. The cat... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
"Fifth Column Mouse."
The dot-dot-dot-dash that the mouse shaves into the cat is Morse code for a "V for Victory". The cat is portrayed with stereotypical derogatory Japanese features in a non-PC scene with a mouse giving the Nazi salute. The cat is also briefly... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Fifth-Column Mouse" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Fifth-Column Mouse? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!