The Hardship Of Miles StandishThe Hardship Of Miles Standish (1940) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 19 times this month, and 5108 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Elmer Fudd/John Alden, Miles Standish, Priscilla, Radio Announcer, Grandfather, Grandson, Indians.
- Voice Actors: Arthur Q. Bryan, Robert C. Bruce, Bernice Hansen, Bea Benaderet, Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Isadore Freleng.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Gil Turner.
- Written By Jack Miller.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on April 27, 1940.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8:40 minutes.
- Production Number: 9373.
A fractured version of the courtship of Miles Standish, his love Priscilla and John Alden. In this twisted retelling, the story begins in a modest home, where Grandpa and his grandson have just finished listening to a radio broadcast of the Miles Standish... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The date on the calendar during the story is April 1. Try and lip-read what the Indian says when his head has just been plunked with an arrow: "Goddamn son of a bitch"... definitely NOT a PG rating! The character actor that Mile Standish was supposed... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Hardship Of Miles Standish" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Hardship Of Miles Standish? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!