Trader MickeyTrader Mickey (1932) - Mickey Mouse Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 428 times this month, and 2692 times total.
- Mickey Mouse Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Walt Disney Studios
- Distributed by: United Artists Pictures
- Cartoon Characters: Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Chief, Cannibals.
- Voice Actors: Walt Disney.
- Directed By David Hand.
- Produced By Walt Disney.
- Animated By David Hand, Ben Sharpsteen, Clyde Geronimi, Les Clark, Kevin Donnely, Tom Palmer, Frenchy de Tremaudan, Johnny Cannon, Dick Lundy, Norm Ferguson, Hardie Gramatky, Jack King; more Animators ...
- Music: Bert Lewis.
- Originally Released on August 20, 1932.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6 minutes.
- Production Number: UM-2
- Black & White
While taking a shipload of musical instruments along the African coast, Mickey and Pluto are captured by a chief and his tribe of cannibals. Mickey ends up in a stew, with Pluto as an appetizer. The savages plan to eat them until Mickey trades the instruments for... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This Mickey short is considered controversial because of its stereotyping of Africans. With that in mind, Walt Disney Studios withdrew it from television and video release.
Sorry, we do not have a video of Trader Mickey. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Trader Mickey? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!