Wake Up The Gypsy In MeWake Up The Gypsy In Me (1933) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 1336 times this month, and 4408 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- A Hugh Harman-Rudolf Ising Production, Vitaphone Pictures
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Cossack Chieftain, Other Cossacks, Peasants, Volga Boatmen, Balalaika Player, Ricepudding the Mad Monk, Gypsy Girl, Other Gypsies.
- Directed By Rudolf Ising.
- Produced By Hugh Harman, Rudolf Ising.
- Animated By Isadore Freleng, Larry Silverman.
- Written By Sid Marcus.
- Music: Frank Marsales.
- Originally Released on May 13, 1933.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:25 minutes.
- Production Number: 5778
- Black & White
A rare politically themed toon. In old Russia, the happy Cossacks, peasants, Volga boatmen and Gypsies sing the title song while a happy musician strums his balalaika with a herring. Meanwhile, Ricepudding the Mad Monk (an animated version of Rasputin!) tries to... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Laurel and Hardy are caricatured.
This cartoon is included as an extra on the DVD of "Picture Snatcher" (1933).
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Wake Up The Gypsy In Me" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Wake Up The Gypsy In Me? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!