The Reckless DriverThe Reckless Driver (1946) - Woody Woodpecker Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 1049 times this month, and 4168 times total.
- Woody Woodpecker Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Walter Lantz Productions
- Distributed by: Universal Pictures
- Cartoon Characters: Woody Woodpecker, Officer Wally Walrus.
- Voice Actors: Ben Hardaway, Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Shamus Culhane.
- Produced By Walter Lantz.
- Animated By Les Kline, Grim Natwick.
- Written By Ben Hardaway, Milt Schaffer.
- Music: Darrell Calker.
- Originally Released on August 26, 1946.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7 minutes.
- Production Number: F-3.
Driving along a mountain road, Woody Woodpecker sees a sign which asks: "Have you renewed your driver's license?" Woody comes to a quick stop, looks at his driver's license, and discovers that it will expire in three minutes. Woody steps on the gas and soon... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Many prints of this cartoon are missing the scene where Woody spits alphabet soup at Officer Wally. The letters of the soup spell out: "Roses are red. Violets are blue. This test stinks and so do you!" With arguably the most famous laugh of any... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of The Reckless Driver. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Reckless Driver? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!