The Poet & Peasant
Alternate Title: Poet And PeasantThe Poet & Peasant (Poet And Peasant) (1946) - Andy Panda Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 53 times this month, and 4331 times total.
- Andy Panda Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Walter Lantz Productions
- Distributed by: Universal Pictures
- Cartoon Characters: Andy Panda, Cat, Frog, Pig, Squirrel, Birds, Two Ducks, Fox.
- Voice Actors: Unknown.
- Directed By Dick Lundy.
- Produced By Walter Lantz.
- Animated By Les Kline, Paul Smith.
- Written By Ben Hardaway, Milt Schaffer.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1946.
- Music: Franz von Suppe.
- Originally Released on March 18, 1946.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6 minutes.
- Production Number: E-6.
Andy Panda is conducting the Hollywood Washbowl Orchestra in a Sunday afternoon concert. It's one of those afternoons when everything goes wrong. A frog gets entangled in Andy's wig, but he finally manages to extricate himself. Andy's stiff shirt front catches on... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
"Poet And Peasant (Reissue)."
Many sources ("The Walter Lantz Cartune Encyclopedia" specifically) list this cartoon as being the first of the six "Musical Miniatures" produced by Walter Lantz and directed by... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Sorry, we do not have a video of The Poet & Peasant. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Poet & Peasant? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!