The Humpty Dumpty CircusThe Humpty Dumpty Circus (1898) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 4512 times this month, and 19746 times total.
- Theatrical FilmTheatrical
- Traditional Animation
- The Vitagraph Company of America
- Cartoon Characters: Acrobats, Animals.
- Directed By Albert E. Smith.
- Animated By Albert E. Smith, James Stuart Blackton.
- Originally Released in 1898 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Black & White
We do not have a synopsis for this cartoon; why don't you send us one?
Cartoon Production Information:
The Guinness Book of Movie Facts and Feats credits this as "the first animated film using the stop-motion technique to give the illusion of movement to inanimate objects." It states that Albert E. Smith conceived the idea, borrowing his young... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of The Humpty Dumpty Circus. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Humpty Dumpty Circus? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!