The Little Match GirlThe Little Match Girl (1937) - A Color Rhapsody Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 351 times this month, and 5229 times total.
- A Color Rhapsody Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Columbia Pictures Corporation
- Distributed by: Columbia Pictures Corporation
- Cartoon Characters: Orphan Girl.
- Directed By Art Davis.
- Produced By Charles Mintz.
- Animated By Art Davis.
- Written By Cal Howard, Sid Marcus.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1938.
- Music: Joe De Nat.
- Originally Released on November 05, 1937.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8:42 minutes.
- Production Number: 3722
- Technicolor (Three-Strip)
A retelling of a Hans Christian Andersen story set on New Year's Eve. A little orphan girl selling matches is harassed and taunted by rowdy revelers, her matches trampled by passersby. As the night winds down, she seeks solace from the cold and wind in a small... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Little Match Girl" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Little Match Girl? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!