The Tell-Tale HeartThe Tell-Tale Heart (1953) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 43 times this month, and 11857 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- UPA Productions
- Distributed by: Columbia Pictures
- Voice Actors: Stanley Baker, James Mason.
- Directed By Ted Parmelee, Art Babbitt.
- Produced By John Hubley, Stephen Bosustow.
- Animated By Pat Matthews.
- Written By Fred Gable, Bill Scott, Edgar Allan Poe.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1954.
- Music: Boris Kremenliev.
- Originally Released on December 27, 1953.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:24 minutes.
- Production Number: 5309
A dark adaptation of Edgar Allan Poe's short story about a man who is haunted by the beating heart of the man whom he has murdered.
Cartoon Production Information:
Many sources state this film was originally promoted as being produced in 3-D. There is no indication the film was ever produced stereoscopically, much less released in 3-D. This was the first cartoon to be X-rated (adults only) in Great Britain... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Tell-Tale Heart" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Tell-Tale Heart? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!