Princess Nicotine: or, A Smokey FairyPrincess Nicotine: or, A Smokey Fairy (1909) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 9 times this month, and 977 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- The Vitagraph Company of America
- Distributed by: The Vitagraph Company of America
- Cartoon Characters: Smoker, Fairies.
- Voice Actors: Paul Panzer, Gladys Hulette.
- Directed By James Stuart Blackton.
- Produced By James Stuart Blackton.
- Animated By J. Stuart Blackton.
- Originally Released on August 10, 1909.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 5 minutes.
- Black & White
Trick photography is used in this surreal playlet in which the title lady and her assistant fiddle with a gentleman's pipe and matchbox.
Cartoon Production Information:
Silent film. Also released as "Princess Nicotine; or The Smoke Fairy." This short features some of the earliest use of Stop Motion, by animation pioneer J. Stuart Blackton. In 2003, Princess Nicotine: or, A Smokey Fairy was one of 25 films added by... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Princess Nicotine: or, A Smokey Fairy" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Princess Nicotine: or, A Smokey Fairy? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!