A Chairy TaleA Chairy Tale (1957) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 24 times this month, and 709 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- National Film Board of Canada
- Distributed by: National Film Board of Canada
- Directed By Norman McLaren, Claude Jutra.
- Produced By Claude Jutra.
- Animated By Evelyn Lambart.
- Awards: Nominee, Oscar, Best Short Subject, Live Action Subjects, Norman McLaren, 1958, Canadian Film Award, Best Arts and Experimental, Norman McLaren and Claude Jutra, 1958 ; more Awards ...
- Music: Maurice Blackburn, Ravi Shankar, Chatur Lal.
- Originally Released in 1957 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 10:05 minutes.
A fairy tale in the modern manner, told without words by film artist Norman McLaren. In the film, a chair (animated by Evelyn Lambart) that declines to be sat upon and a young man perform a sort of pas de deux. A struggle ensues, first for mastery and then... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
"Il Était Une Chaise (French)."
Mainly a live-action film.
Film without words, with musical accompaniment on the sitar and tabla.
Sorry, we do not have a video of A Chairy Tale. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about A Chairy Tale? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!