Hell-Bent For ElectionHell-Bent For Election (1944) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 32 times this month, and 3367 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- UPA, United Auto Workers, Industrial Films
- Cartoon Characters: Diesel Express Train, Steam Train, Joe, Sam, Conspirator.
- Directed By Chuck Jones.
- Produced By Stephen Bosustow.
- Written By Robert Lees.
- Music: Earl Robinson, E.Y. Harburg, Karen Morley.
- Originally Released in 1944 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 13:02 minutes.
A full-blown re-election piece for President Franklin Delano Roosevelt at the expense of Republican presidential candidate Thomas Dewey. Roosevelt is depicted as a streamlined diesel express train in a race against Dewey, a worn-out steam train. The public is... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The "trains" are actually "The Win the War Special" (FDR) and "The Defeatist Limited" (Dewey).
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Hell-Bent For Election" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Hell-Bent For Election? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!