Lights FantasticLights Fantastic (1942) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 631 times this month, and 3780 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Animated Billboards.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc, The Mellomen.
- Directed By Isadore Freleng.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Gil Turner.
- Written By Sgt. Dave Monahan.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Editor: Treg Brown.
- Originally Released on May 23, 1942.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:28 minutes.
- Production Number: 443.
One of the most unusual Warner Bros. cartoons from any period, this is a take-off on billboard advertising products. With no actual characters (animal or human) and no narration (as in the Tex Avery parodies), this cartoon opens with New York Times Square and all... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
An updated version of 1935's "Billboard Frolics." Two scenes have been deleted from some prints: Chinese people reading Chinese print and speaking Chinese very quickly, and part of the final scene with... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Lights Fantastic" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Lights Fantastic? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!