Betty Boop's Bamboo IsleBetty Boop's Bamboo Isle (1932) - Betty Boop Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 133 times this month, and 3130 times total.
- Betty Boop Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Betty Boop, Bimbo, Cannibals.
- Voice Actors: Mae Questel, Ann Rothschild.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer, Shamus Culhane.
- Produced By Max Fleischer, Adolph Zukor.
- Animated By Shamus Culhane, Seymour Kneitel, Bernard Wolf.
- Music: The Royal Samoans.
- Originally Released on September 23, 1932.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8:11 minutes.
- Production Number: FL3229
- Black & White
The film opens with a short live-action song and dance by the Royal Samoans. Bimbo, in a small motorboat, is shipwrecked on a South Seas Isle. There, he meets a beautiful native girl in a canoe; she sports nothing more than a grass skirt and a floral lei. Bimbo... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
With The Royal Samoans And Miri; songs by The Royal Samoans. Betty is rather dark-skinned in this cartoon. Footage of Betty's hula dance is rotoscoped. Not currently shown on American television due to potentially offensive... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Betty Boop's Bamboo Isle" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Betty Boop's Bamboo Isle? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!