I'm Afraid To Go Home In The DarkI'm Afraid To Go Home In The Dark (1930) - Screen Songs Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 150 times this month, and 1216 times total.
- Screen Songs Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Dog, Puppies, Owls.
- Voice Actors: Billy Murray, James Stanley, Walter Van Brunt.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer, Adolph Zukor.
- Music: Egbert Van Alstyne, Harry Williams.
- Originally Released on January 30, 1930.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7 minutes.
- Production Number: FL3004
- Black & White
Two owls hoot in front of a full moon as a Bimbo-like dog whistles, and runs home in the dark. Afraid of his own shadow, he hides in his hat. His nose becomes the bouncing ball. A drunken voice sings the title song, as the dog plays a row of eight pups, first... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This series of animated cartoons- sometimes including bits of live action- took popular songs of the day and combined the popular "bouncing ball" following the lyrics in an effort for audience singalongs. Although the title of the song is "I'm Afraid... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of I'm Afraid To Go Home In The Dark. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about I'm Afraid To Go Home In The Dark? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!