The Enchanted DrawingThe Enchanted Drawing (1900) Theatrical Cartoon by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 58 times this month, and 2513 times total.
- Theatrical FilmTheatrical
- Traditional Animation
- Edison Films, Vitagraph Studios
- Distributed by: Edison Manufacturing Company
- Cartoon Characters: Artist (J. Stuart Blackton).
- Directed By J. Stuart Blackton.
- Produced By J. Stuart Blackton, Albert E. Smith.
- Animated By J. Stuart Blackton.
- Originally Released on November 16, 1900.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 1:26 minute.
- Production Number: D21656
- Black & White
Upon a large sheet of white paper a cartoonist is seen at work rapidly sketching the portrait of an elderly gentleman of most comical feature and expression. After completing the likeness the artist rapidly draws on the paper a clever sketch of a bottle of wine... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Silent cartoon. Although this is not an animated film, the origins of animated film can be glimpsed here. J. Stuart Blackton, then a cartoonist for the New York Evening World, is photographed in Thomas Edison's New Jersey "Black Maria" studio... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Enchanted Drawing" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Enchanted Drawing? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!