Mr. And Mrs. Is The NameMr. And Mrs. Is The Name (1935) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 715 times this month, and 3776 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- A Vitaphone Production
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Buddy, Girl, Lobster, Octopus, Blonde Mermaid, Brunette Mermaid, Redhead Mermaid.
- Directed By Isadore Freleng.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Ben Clopton, Cal Dalton.
- Written By Sid Marcus.
- Music: Bernard Brown.
- Originally Released on January 19, 1935.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Production Number: 6611
- TechniColor (Two-Strip)
Buddy (as a Merman) is playing tag with a girl (Mermaid) on the sea floor. They discover an old sunken ship with treasure and an old piano in the hold. She plays the piano and sings the title song along with a lobster. While she is singing, a savage octopus... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Charlie Chaplin and Harpo Marx are caricatured. The short ends with a court jester stating, "That's All Folks." Within three months (by the release of "I Haven't Got a Hat"), this phrase transformed into the now-familiar "That's All, Folks" tag... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Mr. And Mrs. Is The Name" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Mr. And Mrs. Is The Name? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!