The Ugly DucklingThe Ugly Duckling (1931) - Silly Symphonies Theatrical Cartoon Series by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 131 times this month, and 2505 times total.
- Silly Symphonies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Walt Disney Studios
- Distributed by: Columbia Pictures
- Cartoon Characters: The Ugly Duckling.
- Directed By Wilfred Jackson.
- Produced By Walt Disney.
- Animated By Dick Lundy, David Hand.
- Written By Hans Christian Andersen.
- Originally Released on December 16, 1931.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7 minutes.
- Production Number: 3905
- Black & White
Though based on the classic Hans Christian Andersen tale of the misplaced egg raised by the ducks, there are important differences, too. This duckling is really a duck (and not a swan) and hatched in a brood of chickens. When scorned, the duck runs away. A... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This short was remade in color in 1939, again titled The Ugly Duckling.
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Ugly Duckling" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Ugly Duckling? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!