Toot, Whistle, Plunk And Boom
Alternate Title: Adventures In Music: Toot, Whistle, Plunk And BoomToot, Whistle, Plunk And Boom (Adventures In Music: Toot, Whistle, Plunk And Boom) (1953) Theatrical Cartoon by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 197 times this month, and 5702 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- Walt Disney Studios
- Distributed by: Buena Vista Pictures
- Cartoon Characters: Professor Owl, Suzy Sparrow, Penelope Pinfeather, Bertie Birdbrain, The Canary Sisters.
- Voice Actors: Bill Thompson, The Rhythmaires.
- Directed By Ward Kimball, Charles Nichols.
- Produced By Walt Disney.
- Animated By Xavier Atencio, Marc Davis, Ward Kimball, Art Stevens, Julius Svendsen, Henry Tanous.
- Written By Dick Huemer.
- Awards: Academy Award Winner, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1954.
- Music: Joseph Dubin, Oliver Wallace, Jack Elliott, Sonny Burke.
- Originally Released on November 10, 1953.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 9:46 minutes.
- Production Number: 5311.
- TechniColor, CinemaScope
In this short subject (which represents a departure from Disney's traditional approach to animation), a stuffy owl teacher lectures his feathered flock on the origins of musical instruments. Starting with cavemen whose crude implements could only "toot, whistle,... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
"Adventures In Music: Toot, Whistle, Plunk And Boom."
The first Disney cartoon filmed in CinemaScope. The departure from traditional Disney cartooning is that the animation is done in 1950s "space age" style. Images are all very geometric, and colors and outlines do not necessarily match. During the... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Toot, Whistle, Plunk And Boom" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Toot, Whistle, Plunk And Boom? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!