When The Day BreaksWhen The Day Breaks (1999) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 63 times this month, and 910 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- National Film Board of Canada, Office national du film du Canada
- Distributed by: National Film Board of Canada
- Cartoon Characters: Ruby.
- Directed By Wendy Tilby, Amanda Forbis.
- Produced By David Verrall, Barrie Angus McLean.
- Animated By Wendy Tilby, Amanda Forbis, Martin Rose, Luigi Allemano.
- Written By Wendy Tilby.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Film (Animated), Wendy Tilby and Amanda Forbis, 2000, Genie Award, Best Animated Short, David Verrall, Wendy Tilby and Amanda Forbis, 1999; more Awards ...
- Music: Judith Gruber-Stitzer, Amanda Forbis, Wendy Tilby, David Gossage, Richard Beaudet; more Musicians ...
- Editor: Amanda Forbis, Wendy Tilby, Haida Paul.
- Originally Released on September 05, 1999.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 9:33 minutes.
After witnessing the accidental death of a stranger, Ruby seeks affirmation in the city around her, and finds it in surprising places. With deft humor and finely rendered detail, When the Day Breaks illuminates the links which connect our urban lives, while... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Pencil and paint on photocopies.
Release date is that of exhibition at the Telluride Film Festival.
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "When The Day Breaks" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about When The Day Breaks? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!