The Old Man And The Sea
Alternate Title: Старик и мореThe Old Man And The Sea (Старик и море) (1999) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 62 times this month, and 2091 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Ogden Entertainment, Les Productions Pascal Blais, Imagica Corporation, Dentsu Technical, NHK, Panorama (Yaroslavl)
- Distributed by: Pascal Blais Distribution Inc.
- Cartoon Characters: Santiago, Manolin.
- Voice Actors: Gordon Pinsent, Kevin Delaye.
Japanese Version: Yôji Matsuda, Rentaro Mikuni.
- Directed By Aleksandr Petrov.
- Produced By Tatsuo Shimamura, Bernard Lajoie, Jean-Yves Martel, Shizuo Ohashi, Koichi Hirao, Yoshitaka Tsutsui, Pascal Blais.
- Animated By Dmitri Petrov, Aleksandr Petrov.
- Written By Aleksandr Petrov, Ernest Hemingway.
- Awards: Academy Award Winner, Best Short Film (Animated), 2000, Jutra Award, Best Animated Film (Meilleur Film d'Animation), Aleksandr Petrov, 2000; more Awards ...
- Music: Denis L. Chartrand, Normand Roger.
- Editor: Denis Papillon, Christian Gravel.
- Originally Released on July 02, 1999.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 19:56 minutes.
- Russia / Canada / Japan
The film opens with images of a young sailor on the deck of a boat, of Africa, of lions on the beach, each dissolving into the other. A boy awakens an old man from his dream. The old man is Santiago, a Cuban fisherman, and the boy is his young friend Manolin.... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
"Старик и море."
"Le Vieil Homme et la Mer (French)."
Russian artist Aleksandr (Alexander) Petrov hand-painted images on glass in this IMAX short. Produced in Montreal, Canada over two and a half years.
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Old Man And The Sea" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Old Man And The Sea? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!