The Legend Of John HenryThe Legend Of John Henry (1973) Theatrical Cartoon by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 203 times this month, and 6486 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- Stephen Bosustow Productions, Pyramid Films
- Distributed by: Columbia Broadcasting System
- Cartoon Characters: John Henry.
- Voice Actors: Roberta Flack.
- Directed By Sam Weiss.
- Produced By Nick Bosustow, David Adams.
- Animated By Ruth Kissane, Vonnie Batson.
- Written By Joe Cavella.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject (Animated Film), Nick Bosustow and David Adams, 1974.
- Music: Tom McIntosh.
- Editor: Don Sykes.
- Originally Released in 1973 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 11 minutes.
The black folktale of John Henry, the steel-driving man who challenges a steam drill machine to a drilling contest, which he wins but ultimately dies of exhaustion as a result. Roberta Flack's moving interpretation of the well-known ballad adds dimension to this... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Network premiere took place on CBS in 1977.
Sorry, we do not have a video of The Legend Of John Henry. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Legend Of John Henry? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!