The CriticThe Critic (1963) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 81 times this month, and 2899 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- Pintoff-Crossbow Productions
- Distributed by: Columbia Pictures
- Cartoon Characters: Old Man from Russia, Filmgoer.
- Voice Actors: Mel Brooks.
- Directed By Ernest Pintoff.
- Produced By Ernest Pintoff, Arnold Stone.
- Animated By Bob Heath.
- Written By Mel Brooks.
- Awards: Academy Award Winner, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1964.
- Originally Released in 1963 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 4 minutes.
- Production Number: .
A series of strange abstract images are projected in a movie theater. An old man from Russia in the audience watches this and can make neither head nor tail of them. He heckles the picture, wondering out loud, "Vhat da hell is dis?" while irritating the other... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Mel Brooks' first theatrical film.
Brooks' Crossbow Productions was the precursor of Brooksfilms.
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Critic" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Critic? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!