The ViolinistThe Violinist (1959) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 127 times this month, and 3253 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- Pintoff Productions Inc., Kingsley International
- Cartoon Characters: P.P. Harry, Dog, Bus Passenger, Sewer Worker, Lady.
- Voice Actors: Carl Reiner.
- Directed By Ernest Pintoff.
- Produced By Ernest Pintoff.
- Animated By Jim Hiltz, Jimmy T. Murakami, Jack Schnerk.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), Ernest Pintoff, 1960.
BAFTA Film Award, Best Animated Film, Ernest Pintoff, 1960.
- Music: Ernest Pintoff.
- Originally Released in 1959 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8 minutes.
A funny spoof on the old saying "to create great music, the artist must suffer." Aspiring violinist P.P. Harry learns that one must suffer- but, perhaps, not too much- in order to achieve greatness. The happy man fancies himself as a violinist, but every time... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of The Violinist. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Violinist? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!