The Romance Of Transportation In CanadaThe Romance Of Transportation In Canada (1952) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 50 times this month, and 1027 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- National Film Board of Canada
- Distributed by: National Film Board of Canada
- Voice Actors: Max Ferguson.
- Directed By Colin Low.
- Produced By Tom Daly.
- Animated By Robert Verrall, Sidney Goldsmith, Barrie Helmer, Wolf Koenig, Colin Low.
- Written By Guy Glover.
- Awards: Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1953, BAFTA Award, Special Award, 1954.
- Music: Eldon Rathburn.
- Originally Released in 1952 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 11:20 minutes.
Light-hearted animated whimsy about a down-to-earth subject: how this country's vast distances and great obstacles were overcome. The whole story of transportation is told with tongue-in-cheek seriousness, from the intrepid trail blazers of long ago to the... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The first NFB animated film nominated for an Oscar. This was also the NFB's first cartoon produced entirely on cels, with no paper backgrounds. Wolf Koenig animated most of the film, with Colin Low and Robert Verrall focusing on direction and... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of The Romance Of Transportation In Canada. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Romance Of Transportation In Canada? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!