Nutty NewsNutty News (1942) - Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 505 times this month, and 3169 times total.
- Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Moose Hunter, Moose, Barber, Little Boy, Man Having Dinner, Rabbits, Fireflies, Frank Putty, Papa Duck, Baby Chick, Carl Bubble, Sandy Dog, Dogs, Willoughby Dog, Fox, Building Contractor, Building Owner, Little Guy Holding Sign.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc, Arthur Q. Bryan.
- Directed By Robert Clampett.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Virgil Ross, Vive Risto.
- Written By Warren Foster.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling, Milt Franklyn.
- Editor: Treg Brown.
- Originally Released on May 23, 1942.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:56 minutes.
- Production Number: 772.
- Black & White
This newsreel spoof contains spot gags, including an Adolf Hitler "Jack in the box" scene. Fireflies are used to refer to the "blackout" policy of World War II. The cartoon ends with a scene of United States battleships on... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The original on-screen credits are upside down and rotate to normal. (This is the only Warner Bros. cartoon to have this feature.) Newsreel narrator Elmer Fudd is never seen on-screen, nor does he identify himself by name. However, it's definitely... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Nutty News" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Nutty News? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!