Often An OrphanOften An Orphan (1949) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 1186 times this month, and 5739 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Warner Bros. Cartoons, Inc.
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Porky Pig, Charlie Dog.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Chuck Jones.
- Produced By Edward Selzer.
- Animated By Lloyd Vaughan, Ken Harris, Phil Monroe, Ben Washam.
- Written By Michael Maltese.
- Music: Carl Stalling.
- Originally Released on August 13, 1949.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:32 minutes.
- Production Number: MPAA: 13023
After being stranded by his last owner on a picnic, Charlie Dog tries to convince farmer Porky that he needs a dog that's 50% pointer, 50% boxer, 50% Irish setter, 50% watchdog, 50% Spitz, 50% Doberman Pinscher, but mostly he's all Labrador Retriever. Porky... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
In September of 1943, beginning with A Feud There Was, Warner Bros. began re-releasing select color cartoons in their Blue Ribbon program. Typically the Blue Ribbon reissues received new opening sequences with... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Often An Orphan" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Often An Orphan? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!