Play BallPlay Ball (1933) - Willie Whopper Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 280 times this month, and 1590 times total.
- Willie Whopper Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Ub Iwerks Studio, P. A. Powers
- Animation Studio: Ub Iwerks Studio
- Distributed by: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- Cartoon Characters: Willie Whopper, Babe Ruth, New York Yankees.
- Voice Actors: Jane Withers.
- Directed By Ub Iwerks.
- Produced By Ub Iwerks.
- Music: Carl Stalling.
- Originally Released on September 16, 1933.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6 minutes.
- Black & White
Willie spins a yarn about how he got to pitch a World Series baseball game, helping a lesser-known team (the Chicago Cubs) beat the New York Yankees and one of their top hitters, Babe Ruth. It's pretty much a braggadacio tale of how the local baseball team was in... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This was the very first cartoon to be released in the "Willie Whopper" series, though not the first produced. This is the first incarnation of Willie, who looks more than a little bit like Our Gang's Alfalfa. The character was given a whole... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Play Ball" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Play Ball? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!