Down In DixieDown In Dixie (1932) - Aesop's Fables Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 259 times this month, and 1141 times total.
- Aesop's Fables Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Van Beuren Studios
- Distributed by: RKO Radio Pictures
- Cartoon Characters: Uncle Tom, Slave Owner, Slaves, Whale.
- Directed By John Foster, Harry Bailey.
- Produced By Amadee J. Van Beuren.
- Originally Released on September 23, 1932.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:16 minutes.
- Production Number: VB-3226
- Black & White
A meandering take off on Uncle Tom's Cabin, with predictable stereotypes. After their whip-cracking slaveowner chases them all the way into the Arctic, Uncle Tom sings the song, "Lord, You Made the Nights Too Long", which sounds like it was taken from an old 78... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Not currently shown on American television due to potentially offensive racial characterizations.
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Down In Dixie" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Down In Dixie? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!