The Cat's Canary
Alternate Title: The Cat's DilemmaThe Cat's Canary (The Cat's Dilemma) (1932) - Aesop's Fables Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 158 times this month, and 1300 times total.
- Aesop's Fables Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Van Beuren Studios
- Distributed by: RKO Radio Pictures
- Cartoon Characters: Cat, Canary, Other Cats, Doctor.
- Directed By John Foster, Mannie Davis.
- Produced By Amadee J. Van Beuren.
- Originally Released on March 26, 1932.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:52 minutes.
- Production Number: VB-3206
- Black & White
In this bizarre musical tale, a cat (resembling Felix) catches a canary, which he promptly eats for dinner. But it is the trip down the digestive tract that gives this cartoon distinction: the singing bird just won't stop singing! The cat goes to the doctor, who... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
"The Cat's Dilemma."
A series of animated short subjects created by Paul Terry and actor-turned-writer Howard Estabrook. Estabrook suggested making a series of cartoons based on Aesop's Fables. Although Terry claimed he had never heard of Aesop, he felt that Estabrook's... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Cat's Canary" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Cat's Canary? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!