A Rainy DayA Rainy Day (1940) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 565 times this month, and 4927 times total.
- Theatrical FilmTheatrical
- Traditional Animation
- Distributed by: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- Cartoon Characters: Papa Bear, Momma Bear, Junior Bear (The Bear Family).
- Voice Actors: Martha Wentworth, Rudy Ising.
- Directed By Hugh Harman.
- Produced By Fred Quimby.
- Animated By Bill Littlejohn.
- Music: Scott Bradley.
- Originally Released on April 20, 1940.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Production Number: 4004..
Mama Bear persuades her reluctant husband Papa Bear to fix the shingles on the roof, a job that he put off doing. But the job proves larger than it first appeared, and he ends up trying to do the job in a violent rainstorm that escalates into a tornado, making... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
In Leonard Maltin's book "Of Mice And Magic," he credits Bill Littlejohn for animating the fantastic roof sequence of the shingles turning into big waves. The Bear Family returns from "Goldilocks And The... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "A Rainy Day" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about A Rainy Day? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!